Have Haven is all about empowering children to be their best selves.
Kinship Foster Family
You can become a kinship foster family to any family member, such as grandchildren, nieces, friend’s child that will allow the child to still be connected to family members and/or ones they consider as family.
If you want to inquire more about kinship care, please click this inquiry button and someone will contact you.
However, to become a kinship foster family, the requirements include :
- 21 years old
- Pass the State’s required background clearance
- Be financially stable and able to provide for the child
- Be physically in good health
- Complete our application to become a foster/adoptive parent
Following that the process will include:
- Attending our orientation program
- Completing other scheduled and required trainings
- Completing on line training (you can click here and complete your on line trainings)
- Allowing our staff to complete a home study
- Working with the Kinship Foster Home Developer closely to submit and/or complete required documents.