Have Haven is all about empowering children to be their best selves.
Becoming a Foster Parent
Our services at Have Haven include Foster Care, Adoption, Support Services, Foster Parent Training, and Residential Treatment Services.
Foster parenting is a great deed that makes a difference in someone’s life. You can be single, married, divorced, in a same sex relationship, retired or working. You can live in an apartment, rent and/or own your place.
To become a foster parent, there are some steps to follow.
First, you must be:
- 21 years old
- Pass the state’s required background clearance
- Be financially stable and able to provide for the child
- Be physically in good health
- Complete our application to become a foster parent
Following that the process will include:
- Attending our orientation program
- Completing other scheduled and required trainings
- Completing on line training (you can click here and complete your Online Trainings)
- Allowing our staff to complete a home study
- Working with a Foster Home Developer closely to submit and/or complete required documents.