Have Haven is all about empowering children to be their best selves.
Becoming an Adoptive Parent
Our services at Have Haven include Foster Care, Adoption, Support Services, Foster Parent Training, and Residential Treatment Services.
There are thousands of children in the State of Texas waiting to be adopted. The statistics is staggering. If you are one that is looking to adopt a child, please fill out the inquiry form and we will get back with you.
To become an adoptive parent, there are some steps to follow
First and foremost you must be:
- 21 years old
- Pass the State’s required background clearance
- Be financially stable and able to provide for the child
- Be physically in good health
- Complete our application to become a foster/adoptive parent
Following that the process will include:
- Attending our orientation program
- Completing other scheduled and required trainings
- Completing on line training (you can click here and complete your on line trainings)
- Allowing our staff to complete a home study
- Working with the Foster/Adoptive Home Developer closely to submit and/or complete required documents.